This article will help you way up the Pros and Cons when deciding whether to purchase a Professional Security System Installation or a DIY Security System Installation.
Which-ever way you choose to go, if you are a business remember that we are fast approaching the EFY and small business can take advantage of the Small Business Tax Incentive if your security system is installed and functioning prior to the 31 June 2017 deadline. I mention this before weighing up the Pros and Cons as it can have a big cost saving and impact your decision.
When deciding whether to purchase a Professional Security System Installation or a DIY Security System Installation, the first consideration should be how important is your security to you or your business. Is it going to jeopardize your business by not having it and what costs or impact is it going to have if your business is broken into, there is a fire or an OH&S incident. Calculating the risks is an important part of accessing your Security investment.
Here is a list of our top 5 Risk Considerations
- Number of Employees
- Industry/Type of Business
- Premises Location
- Stock & Assets Value
- OH&S Risk
The biggest pro for Professional Security System Installation is the expert advise they bring to the project from design to installation, knowledge of product and what will be required to meet your needs. The biggest pro for the DIY security systems, is without doubt the lower upfront cost.
It can be overwhelming just finding a Professional Security Company that is Licensed and you can trust. If you are a new business or been in premises that already has an Installed Security Alarm, CCTV Security Cameras or Access Control Systems, it may be the first time you have gone through the process of Installing a Security System that is tailored to your business premises and needs.
Your chosen Professional Security Company, should be able to provide ongoing maintenance, service and support for your Security Systems Installed, as well as 24/7 Security Monitoring Service. The ongoing relationship that you have with your Professional Security Company who knows your business and its security requirements as well as the system design will save time and money in the ongoing service and management of the system long term and the ability to expand easily as your business does.
Asking the right questions your Security Solutions Consultant will create a Security System which can solve security issues and concerns in the most efficient way and plan for Business future growth.
We have talked a lot about all the benefits of Professional Security System Installation and of course we are bi est, we are experts in the field of security system installation across many Industries. There is a place in the market for DIY Security System installation and this is simply determined by budget.
When you install a DIY Security System you will save money on installation fees,however you will need the technical ability to install, troubleshoot and do any necessary programming. There is no Installation warranty so it can be costly to fix issues if the system is not working correctly. DIY kits are often sold with the residential market in mind who may want to monitor a pet or get a notification that there is an intruder, they are not adequate for most business security. It may be the only option for start up businesses but we recommend budgeting for a Professional Security Solution within 1-2 years.
Professional Security System Installation
- Design – Having a professionally designed Security System tailored to your Business.
- Licensed Installers – Industry Licensed, Asial Member & Manufacturer Certified (Reduced Insurance Policy
- Security Specialist – Professional Security Company that knows your business security needs and Systems Installed. Keeps you informed of New products.
- Warranty – Lifetime Installation Warranty & Minimum of 12 months product warranty (ref manufacture warranty).
- 24/7 Monitoring Provided & ongoing Service and Support – Professional Security Installation Company will be able to provide you with ongoing Service and Support.
- Product supplied by a Professional Security Installations Company will be fit for purpose.
- Schedule Site Inspection – This is a free service for established businesses. Developments/Businesses Under Construction can submitted plans for assessment and a quote provided, email plans to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIY Security System Installation
- Low up front cost.
- Install it yourself
- Limited Support and no training on the System
- System may not meet your needs or expectations
- Manufacturer Warranty Only (warranty will be void if product is damaged when installing)
- Service may take longer and be more costly as the technician may not be familiar with the system.
When Business & Home Owners are thinking about installing Security Systems it is, to protect the things and people that are important to them, their Business success and growth and to give them peace of mind.
We get many calls from clients who have purchased DIY Security Systems from eBay and other online, (non Security Specialist) stores. The general feed back when they come to us is that they need to replace it within a year as it is not as good as they thought it would be or they never used it because they didn’t have any training or support.
The above information is based on our experience and the services Eclipse Security Systems provide. Our Technicians & Installers are Licensed and Certified & Trained by Product Manufacturers. We are also Members of Asial, the Security Industry Association.
If you would like us to provide you with a Profession Security Quote, complete the form below and we will call you within 24 hours or call our office now on 1300 66 11 99.